Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Champion and Lost Leader Sales


?
Chat 2020.07.15

Tarra

13:59:34 Thank you for choosing Champion Teamwear! My name is Tarra. How may I help you today?

Jonathan

14:01:00 I placed an order for 4 pair of these in XL in black and 2 in red. I've been contacted by email by Champion telling me that the black ones are not available - yet here I see them still on the site as In Stock - What's going on?

Tarra

14:01:56 Hi Jonathan! I can certainly take a look to see. Do you have your order number handy?

Jonathan

14:02:04 Champion Teamwear Order Status: WBXXXXXX C#XXXXXXXX

Tarra

14:02:15 Thank you! One moment while I get that loaded up.

Tarra

14:04:30 The Champion Mesh 9" Pocket Short is something that we typically receive in weekly shipments of to restock - this is why it will show In Stock online, as we typically have constant shipments coming in.

Due to COVID we are seeing a delay on getting some items stocked to our warehouse. This style is one currently affected. We will be getting additional stock, but at this time I do not have that exact restock date.

Jonathan

14:06:30 For Champion to be showing these as available In Stock - is an inappropriate way to go about doing business - when you know that you do not have them In Stock. It lacks integrity and I'm very disappointed to see this happening.

Jonathan

14:06:45 I'm simply not interested in excuses.

Tarra

14:08:30 I apologize, Jonathan. And I agree with you, it is misleading. Typically we don't have the issue of getting stock in, so it's usually a stocked item.

How do you want to proceed? I can cancel the order and issue a refund if you'd prefer, or can check live stock numbers for what colors I have available in XL now to send out.

Jonathan

14:11:58 I'm already dealing with my options via email, but what I'd like to see from Champion is some offer to make up for setting up this situation. These are actually not for me but rather for my 96 year old father who has been wearing these short for years and loves them - which is why he insisted on getting the same exact style again. Champion needs to step up and figure out a way to truly make this right.

Tarra

14:14:12 There is a direct phone number and extension listed for Patty, who emailed about the order status. We are available by phone, not just chat or email. She is one of our managers, and can discuss this further with you.

Jonathan

14:14:45 And the number is?

Tarra

14:15:22 This will be listed below Patty's signature in her email. The number is 800-336-4486, her extension is 1815.

Jonathan

14:15:36 Thank you

Tarra

14:15:53 You're welcome.

______________________

I continued the conversation with Patty by phone, and she told me that "their website is old" that "they've merged with Hanes so there's some confusion" that "if they have even a single pair in any size they all show up as being In Stock (utter bullshit)" and that usually they get stock in weekly, but because of COVID..." etc... 

I suggested that Champion figure out some way to make the situation better for my dad. 

She said nothing. 

Dad's going to accept 6 pairs of Red Shorts, but he wanted four black, and Champion used the illegal Lost Leader sales technique to get his business. They should be ashamed.




Evaluation: Not even in the ballpark


DIGG

No comments:

Post a Comment