Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Publishing a book through CreateSpace

So, what I'd really like to do is go on and on about my own weight control book If I Can Lose It..., (but that's material for another blog) and it would really be insincere of me, wouldn't it? Okay, okay  if you insist here's a link to buy a print copy directly from the source https://www.createspace.com/3499086.   


Now that, that's out of my system what I'll  focus on here is my experience with CreateSpace as a publishing destination. I have to say that, in general, dealing with any large corporation is often annoying at best, and let's be clear, CreateSpace is a part of Amazon, but I have to say, no matter what the problem, they were amazingly quick to help me solve it. They have a button on the help page that you click to have them call you, and they do it immediately. You end up speaking with a real human being who speaks English clearly, and who actually cares about the job they're doing. Want an example? After making minor corrections, I'd received a second proof of my book that had about two thirds of the pages missing! I spoke with them about it, they apologized, and sent out a replacement overnight at their cost. The replacement copy however came out in the same condition as the first. I called in a bit of a panic because by then I had ordered a batch of copies, feeling sure that all my changes had been implemented - since I could see them in place even in the corrupted copy. The representative I spoke with did this: calmed me down by simply being a caring person, assured me that the glitch was indeed in their system and that it could be corrected, checked to see if my shipment had actually left the warehouse (it had not but was on the shipping schedule for that day), and then let me know that, as soon as our call was finished, she would get up from her desk - walk over to the warehouse and inspect that shipment before it went out. Needless to say, I felt better. About twenty minutes later, she called me back to let me know that after inspecting the materials, she could see that all of the books contained therein were also messed up. She put a stop on the shipment, and got the tech people involved. They figured out what the problem was, and had the entire order reprinted. The representative then arranged to have the entire order shipped to me UPS Overnight at their additional expense. Can I say I was impressed? Are you kidding!


By the way since I delivered all the necessary files to them fully formatted it cost me nothing but my labor to create my book. There was no minimum order, no fees, no hidden costs. OMG!


Evaluation: Extraordinarily sincere!


Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment