Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Build It Green - Building Supplies - Astoria, NY

This amazing place is right around the corner from my house and I'd heard about it for a while before taking a walk over to see what the buzz was all about. There was no way the buzz could possibly do justice to this handy-person's paradise. I started by wandering around open mouthed at huge lots of doors, windows, bathtubs, sinks, dressers and all sorts of other things that very few people outside of studio prop-masters could possibly have an interest it... I kid you not, the last time I went in there were like six coffins available. Were they used? Recycled? I dunno I never asked. So, Georgina and I decided to replace our medicine cabinet because the one we had was made of plastic, falling off the wall, and generally crappy. We wanted something like the sort of cabinet we grew up with - you know, those solid metal things from the 50s and 60s? Well, we found just the one - exactly what we wanted. It cost 20 bucks and the super helpful guys who priced it for us - asked it as a question. $20 okay? OMG - this is so not Home Depot.

Evaluation: Extraordinarily sincere!

Digg! 
317 26th Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
(718) 777-0132

2 comments:

  1. Maharashtra will be a pilot case in the entire world where Green Buildings will become a norm and set a pace for designing, planning and executing better environmentally performing buildings in India. A Step towards Sustainability, no doubt! http://www.humboldtplanitgreen.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is very informative for us. I really like that blog. This blog is about building supplies information is very good stuff. I recomended my site for you and your people if they need any about building supplies and landscaping so visit my site;Building Supplies sydney

    ReplyDelete