Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Porto Rico Importing Company - Coffee

We've all seen the cartoons where the little mouse is carried along by the very sinuous and slinky odor of a block of cheese. The mouse is lifted from his feet and there's music  heard as he's wafted along by that enticing smell.  We all now associate that music with snake charmers ( research let me find "Dance Of The Snake Charmer") from old black and white movies. Or maybe you know it as the melody to elementary school songs that had to do with France and ladies without pants? Anyway, there was no music (that I can remember) as I walked by the entrance to Porto Rico that day with Georgina on my arm. What I do remember is that she kissed me, and went on to work whilst I was lifted from my feet and carried by the aroma of roasting coffee into this little store. Honestly, I had no choice. I ordered a large iced coffee. They charged me $2.00. I commented on the stunning perfume of the coffee out on the sidewalk, and the one other customer in the store agreed heartily, and informed me that I just happened in at a perfect time since under typical conditions the place would have been packed with other mice such as myself. I was indeed thankful for my good fortune. The woman behind the counter was kind and helpful. The coffee was delicious. What more might I want? Well, since you ask, I just happen to like agave nectar or chocolate soy milk as condiments for my brew, and they did not have them, but I'm forced to admit that such exotic elements are generally found to be available only in my home where the coffee is just as good. Still, there's nothing like finding something so wonderful as a freshly made cup of coffee served by pleasant people, available at my whim as I wander the streets of Manhattan. This ain't no starbucks. This ain't no disco. This ain't no foolin' around. This, my friends, is the real deal.

Evaluation: Extraordinarily sincere!

Digg! 

PORTO RICO IMPORTING CO.
201 BLEECKER ST.
NEW YORK, N.Y. 10012
212-GR7-5421
1-800-453-5908

http://www.portorico.com/store/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment