Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas - Naughty

209 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019, is the address of the Radio Shack where I purchased a simple wire to connect my IPod to the speaker system in my car. It worked exactly twice and then gave out. I took it back and the clerk sneered , "do you have your receipt?" I had to admit that I did not, but that I figured since it was their product they would easily be able to recognize that they had indeed sold it to me, and that is was new. I was Informed by the manager, who stepped into the conversation (who would not provide her name) - that for all she knew I had bought it months ago. "True," I said, "I've only returned to this store to con Radio Shack out of the $2.79 I paid for this thing. This isn't a hugely expensive (overpriced) computer. It's just a faulty wire!" As you might imagine - she was not amused. 

As my 19 year old son asked in utter amazement when I told him of this incident, "didn't you already know never to shop at radio shack?" Okay, I guess I didn't know, but now I do. Really in my mind, even if the wire was a year old they should have replaced it.  Sincerity is not to be found there.


Evaluation: You need to ask? Really?

Digg!

They're everywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment